Monday, December 19, 2005

Goin' Away

It's been a while since I've had anything to say (that is, of course, assuming you've already thought I had anything to say). In any case, I've been busy getting ready for a trip to England for the holidays.

It turns out, that this year the weather hasn't been too great for sailing. I mean, it was ok. Not too much snow, but so cold I wasn't interested in taking the boat out by myself. My friends are all busy doing holiday stuff to get ready for their families and I am as well for my trip. So, no great sailing stuff going on.

I did complete all the things I wanted to with the stuff I bought from Sailrite. But since there's no real rush to get the new sails on the boat, I don't have to go out of my way to test them all. Except for the mainsail turtle. But more on that later.

So, I'm going to Chester, UK, and it's near Liverpool. And in Liverpool, if you ever get there, is the most fantastic maritime museum that I have ever seen! It's spectacular with all of its exhibits. If you get there, go. You won't be disappointed!

Every weekend, though, I still go down to the boat and check the bilge (which always has water), the through-hulls (for cracks or leaks), clean the snow or bird-doo off, and generally putter about. If it's warm enough, and I'm going to stay for awhile, I'll light up the heater, and maybe make a cup of coffee or soup. It's kinda fun.

When I get back, it will only be a few days until New Years, so if January 1 is going to be really nice (40+ degrees and sunny), a group of us will go sailing, and I will put the new main and jib on to see how they fit and look... That's exciting, too!

Well, must pack and take care of all the little things that must be done before a trip!

See you on the water!

No comments: