Thursday, September 28, 2017

Now we're getting going!

The last few weeks have been a whirlwind of activity - installing AIS (MMSI 367373060 if you care), last minute shopping, loading of tools and storing of other stuff. 

I suspect I've taken too much. 

This morning, final fill of the water tanks, filling fuel and jerry cans (I carry 6 for an additional 180 miles of motoring), putting the last of everything either away or where it won't cause issues, and generally getting to go.

The plan is a shakedown to Manhassett Bay today (about 3 hours) and early bed time.  Tomorrow morning, up at 4, off to catch the ebb through the East River around 6 am, and off to either Sandy Hook, NJ if weather and waves are not in my favor or out to Cape May if it is.  About a 20 hour day or so. 

After that, it's all gravy until Beaufort, NC - the next offshore passage.

Sorry for this short entry but it's a start. 

1 comment:

Biil W said...

Ok.. so I guess I am the only one reading this.......

I expect full updates, and lots of pics!

Miss you already.

WW